The Diplomat – Bucharest together with ARPEE organize the fourth edition of its national Forum exclusively dedicated to thermal power – Thermal Energy Forum 2018, on 22 February, at InterContinental Hotel Bucharest – Rapsodia Hall, starting 08:30 AM.
The revised Renewable Energy Directive seeks to mainstream RES in heating and cooling installations, and in the transport sector. On district heating and cooling, the revised RED takes a three-pronged approach.
Member States are to ensure that authorities at local, national and regional level “include provisions for the integration and deployment of renewable energy and the utilization of unavoidable waste heat or cold”.
Customers of systems that are not efficient may disconnect from them in favour of their own RES heat and cooling, but Member States may restrict this right to those who can demonstrate that the customer’s own heating or cooling solution is more efficient.
Electricity network operators must also assess the potential for using district heating and cooling networks for balancing and energy storage purposes.
In relation to biomass, the revised RED would tighten the sustainability criteria applicable to biofuels and bioliquids with greenhouse gas emissions being designated as a distinct impact to be measured.
With this conference aimed at high-level policymakers and companies’ leadership, The Diplomat – Bucharest seeks to strengthen the dialogue on the current state and the new opportunities for the Romanian thermal energy sector, in the context of the Winter Package proposals.
- DORU VISAN, State Secretary, Ministry of Energy
- ION CIMPEANU, State Secretary, Ministry of Environment
- ZOLTAN NAGY-BEGE, Vice-president, ANRE
- Event moderator: VALERIU BINIG, Partner, EY ROMANIA
- RAZVAN GRECU, President, ARPEE
- CORINA MURAFA, Energy Policy Expert, CENTER FOR THE STUDY OF DEMOCRACY
- STANEL NECULA, General Manager, TERMOFICARE ORADEA
- LIVIU POPA, General Manager, RADET CONSTANTA
- EMIL SERPE, General Manager, COLTERM Timisoara
- GHEORGHE PIPEREA, Founder of PIPEREA&ASOCIATII Law firm, Judicial administrator of RADET
8:30-9:00 Registration of participants
9:00-10:30 SECTION 1. EU AND ROMANIAN ENERGY POLICIES, LAW AND REGULATIONS
- Updates on the European proposals ‘Energy Winter Package 2016’ on energy efficiency services sector
- The need of an up-to-date Thermal Energy Law
- Improving the future support scheme for promoting high efficiency Cogeneration and the cost-sharing system
- Taking care of vulnerable customers by the Law no. 196/2016 regarding the minimum inclusion income
- Legal aspects related to production, transportation and distribution of thermal energy
10:30-10:50 Q&A Session
10:50-11:10 Coffee break
11:10-12:40 SECTION 2. OPTIMIZING THE CENTRALIZED HEAT SUPPLY SYSTEMS IN ROMANIA
- The current state of the heat supply service in centralized system in Bucharest and Romanian municipalities
- Investments to limit the pollution from Large Combustion Plants
- Issues and challenges of implementing waste-to-energy practices
- Source of financing the ongoing and new projects
- Implementing smart technologies for consumption metering in the centralized heating system
12:40-13:00 Q&A Session
13:00-14:00 Networking lunch
*Note: The event will be held in Romanian.
Individual ticket (regular seat): 99 euro + VAT/pers.
65 euro + VAT/pers.: fee for ARPEE, CNR-CME, COGEN, ESCOROM and LIGA HABITAT members.
Corporate table (8 VIP Invitations, corporate table & logo on table card at the event): 690 euro + VAT
For registration, you are invited to check the event page.