- Enel X Romania has been created to provide innovative solutions, with added value, adapted to the needs of individual consumers, companies and municipalities
- Charging points provided for in the electric mobility plan will be installed, as of 2019, in all regions of Romania, on the main roads in the country, as well as in most major cities, starting with Bucharest, Timisoara and Constanta
Enel X Romania, a company member of Enel X, the Enel Group’s advanced energy services division, was officially presented on November 13 and launched the biggest plan for the development of electric mobility infrastructure in the country. The plan aims at the installation of about 2,500 charging points in all regions of Romania, during 2019-2023, following total investments of EUR 15-20mln.
“Enel X Romania commits to provide owners and fleets of electric vehicles with the possibility to travel across the country, from north to south and from east to west, without worrying about where they will find the next charging point. Through this ambitious plan for the development of an extended charging infrastructure in the following five years, we will contribute to a cleaner and more sustainable transport throughout Romania,” Marius Chiriac, Director of Enel X Romania, said.
The first charging points will be installed in 2019 in Bucharest, Timisoara and Constanta. The plan covers all areas of Romania, so that the positioning and installation of the charging infrastructure be adapted to increasing the degree of utilization of electric vehicles at the level of households, institutions, as well as among companies, as a result of demand for fleets. About 300 charging points will be installed in 2019.
Enel X Romania will provide the service of installation of charging infrastructure to ‘Recharging Partners’, such as commercial centres, supermarkets, restaurants and hotels that want to attract electric vehicles users. The installation and maintenance of the charging infrastructure does not involve costs for Recharging Partners, in exchange for making available parking places.
The company provides a similar service to municipalities interested in improving air quality by encouraging electric mobility. Enel X Romania will support local authorities to identify the best solutions, and then will install the charging infrastructure and ensure its maintenance without costs for municipalities, on the parking spaces on the public domain.
The infrastructure that will be developed in Romania is based on new, smart charging solutions of Enel X global division. These are modular, scalable equipment, which can be delivered ‘turnkey’ to individual consumers, companies and institutions. Installation of stations with powers of 22 kW (Quick), 50 kW (Fast) and over 150 kW (Ultrafast) is provided.
The new products are part of the recently launched range ‘Juice Family’:
- JuicePole: charging station to be installed in cities, facilitating the charging experience with the new screen and integration with Enel X Recharge application. It can ensure the simultaneous charging of two vehicles, through alternative current, and is equipped with the latest connectivity technology. Juice Pole can be activated with Enel X Recharge App, which allows users to identify a nearby station, to book a charging point and to monitor battery charge in real time via the mobile phone.
- JuiceBox: the new box-type station that can be installed in individual homes, also being available in commercial version for charging fleets.
- JuiceLamp: solution created by Enel X integrating the public lighting infrastructure with the charging infrastructure. This is a ‘smart LED lamp’ that, besides ensuring a high efficiency and remote control, provides the possibility to charge two vehicles at the same time. JuiceLamp is also configured for video surveillance, air quality monitoring, connectivity via optical fibre or urban Wi-Fi.
In relation to long-term partners, Enel X Romania can:
- Help companies analyse fleet operation data by delivering tailor-made charging solutions for vehicles, based on customer specific needs;
- Provide a complete instrument for the management of the charging infrastructure, Recharge Manager;
- Extend the infrastructure depending on the fleet needs: JuiceStation is a competitive and efficient solution, allowing companies to connect a number of Juice Boxes, in the commercial version.
Enel is a multinational energy company, one of the integrated leaders on the global electricity, natural gas and renewable energy markets. Enel is one of Europe’s largest utilities in terms of market capitalization and one of the leading electricity companies on the continent in terms of installed capacity and EBITDA reported. Enel Group operates in over 30 countries around the world, with a net installed energy capacity of about 89 GW. Enel distributes electricity through a network of over 2.2 million kilometres, has about 73 million household and corporate customers around the world, representing the largest customer base compared to European companies in the field. The renewable energy division, Enel Green Power, operates production units with an installed capacity of 43GW from wind, solar, geothermal and hydro power sources in Europe, the Americas, Africa, Asia and Australia.
Enel X is a new global division of Enel, dedicated to the development of innovative digital products and services in the fields in which energy has the greatest potential of transformation: cities, housing, industries and electric mobility.
Enel Romania is one of the largest private energy investors, with operations in the electricity distribution and supply sector, as well as electricity generation from renewable sources, present on the Romanian market since 2005. Enel has 3,100 employees in Romania and provides services to 3 million customers. E-Distributie companies operate networks with a total length of approximately 128,000 kilometres in three important areas of the country: Muntenia South (including Bucharest), Banat and Dobrogea, covering one third of the local distribution market, and develops an investment program for the improvement of service quality, network safety and performance and local implementation of Enel Group’s environmental standards. Enel Energie and Enel Energie Muntenia have important energy suppliers in Romania, offering both electricity and gas, as well as services with added value (such as support services, lighting products, insurance services, air conditioning etc.).