Camfil Power Systems, the industry expert in clean air solutions for gas turbines and other turbomachinery, has released its new generation CamClose product. The CamClose is a panel air filter, designed to extend the service life of the final filter. Adding the CamClose pre-filter in front of a final filter further improves overall filtration efficiency.
The CamClose has best-in-class water handling properties, a user-friendly design and robust construction. These features make it an excellent pre-filter for most turbomachinery and gas turbine applications. It is especially suitable for humid conditions such as tropical and coastal installations.
“The new features of the CamClose pre-filter will simplify the installation process, improve filtration performance, and offer excellent protection in wet environments,” Gautam Marwaha, Product Manager, said.
- Patented built-in pressure drop port helps to accurately monitor filter pressure drop across each filter stage separately, enabling the operator to better plan for filter replacement.
- Strong built-in plastic clips allow for an easy close coupling to the final filter, without any additional hardware.
- High burst strength > 6250 Pa (25” w.g.) and robust frame maintains filter integrity in challenging environments
- Lowest pressure drop in the G4 panel filter class
- Optimal and proper sealing gives best-in-class water and contaminant handling, as well as a low and stable pressure drop
- Advanced media offers low pressure drop, long life and good water handling
- Non-charged, high mechanical efficiency ensures gas turbine filters maintain their efficiency class in high velocity applications.
- The new generation includes three efficiency classes and have been tested to the latest industry standards per EN779:2012 and ISO 16890: 2016.
New and improved CamClose filter features
The CamClose panel air filter is available in three efficiency classes:
- G4 (ePM Coarse 60%)
- M5 (ePM10 65%)
- M6 (ePM2.5 50%)
Pre-filters are used as a first line of defense against the elements. As such, they have an important impact on the overall performance of a filtration system. Since gas turbines require a higher level of protection compared to other applications, the right pre-filter becomes even more important.
The right pre-filter can extend the life of your final filters and improve your overall filtration efficiency. This allows you to remain online for a longer period and improves your availability and reliability.