The Ministry of Energy has submitted within the deadline established under Directive (EU) 2018/410 the proposal to finance 14 projects in Romania, worth a total of EUR 112mln. They are eligible to the Funding Mechanism/Article 10c, each having a value lower than EUR 12.5mln, according to European rules. The list of projects proposed to the European Commission provides for the following investments:
- Colterm: High-efficiency cogeneration with heat engines in CT Dragalina Timisoara (P=1 MW) – EUR 4.7mln;
High-efficiency cogeneration with heat engines in CT UMT Timisoara (P=1 MW1) – EUR 4.7mln;
Use of biomass as additional fuel at the existing steam boilers, at CET Sud Timisoara, to produce energy in cogeneration – EUR 1.2mln.
- ELCEN: Retrofitting/Implementation of one/several thermal energy production capacities in peak load regime of around 100 Gcal/h, CTE Grozavesti – EUR 4.5mln;
Retrofitting/Implementation of one/several thermal energy production capacities in peak load regime of around 100 Gcal/h, in CTE Bucuresti Vest – EUR 4.5mln;
Retrofitting/Implementation of one/several thermal energy production capacities in peak load regime of around 200 Gcal/h, in CTE Bucuresti Sud – EUR 9mln.
- Arad Municipality: Installing a combined heat and energy production unit with 3000 mc battery at CET Hidrocarburi SA – EUR 6.97mln.
- Ploiesti Municipality: Installing a gas turbine, with a power of 25 Mwe – EUR 12.46mln.
- Vest ENERGO: Bucharest cogeneration power plant (Baneasa Romaero area), 12MW – EUR 12mln;
Bucharest cogen power plant (Faur area), 12MW – EUR 12mln;
Bucharest cogen power plant (Preciziei area), 10MW – EUR 10mln;
- Vimetco: High-efficiency cogeneration power plant of 12 MWe at ALUM S.A. – EUR 10mln.
- Electrocentrale Grup: Photovoltaic Power Plant with an installed power of up to 3 MW on the site of the former Fantanele Thermal Power Plant – EUR 2.97mln.
- Arad Municipality: Execution of biomass thermal power plant, 50 MW – EUR 10mln.
The Ministry of Energy mentions that Romania has also chosen together with the other Member States the Modernization Fund/Article 10d. This is another funding instrument provided by the European Directive and allows financing projects with a value higher than EUR 12.5mln.
This mechanism has the advantage of fully supporting the projects (100% financing), as well as financing during the investment.
In this context, the Ministry of Energy has decided that projects submitted for Article 10c that exceeded the value of EUR 12.5mln be integrated in the list that the Ministry of Energy would submit to access the Modernization Fund/Article 10d.